Reusing Swiffer CarpetFlick Pads

Can anyone who has a Swiffer CarpetFlick tell me if the disposable pad can be cleaned somehow and reused again? I've looked at this product in the stores, and it's difficult to tell from the box what the pad is made out of and if it would withstand hand or machine washing or if the dirt and debris would be too difficult to remove at all.

Thanks!
Truerblue from PA

I don't have a swiffer myself, but heard on another forum you can make your own pads. Take a cereal box and trace one of the old pads and cut out. Place double stick carpet tape on both sides of the cardboard and insert in the sweeper.

I have the original swifter and I make my own pads out of J cloths. Just cut the J cloth to size and sew a seam around the edge. They stick to the bottom of the swifter and you can wash them over and over, actually they are better after a couple of washes.

I believe those pads are sticky pads so you wouldn't be able to wash them. Maybe you could try scraping the bigger particles off the pad. I think a regular vac would do a better job and not cost so much.

My husband bought one of the Swiffer Carpet Flicks for me because it was on a sale and he had a coupon. Anyways, it is a doublesided sticky piece of cardboard that it uses.And a box of the refills were selling at Family Dollar for $5.oo, I am not sure how many were in it. Definately not worth it IMO.

i was going to do that, but i think it is best just to buy the pads.it is not any cheaper

Where can you buy the refill pads? I can't find them anywhere.

Here is a link to an Ebay store that has them.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Continuity-Free

These are homemade but they work as good as the originals and are much cheaper

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning ToolsNovember 28, 2005
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
young woman holding a Swiffer style mop
Making Replacement Pads for a Swiffer
steel wool
Preventing Brillo or SOS Pads from Rusting
Saving Money on Swiffer Pads and Mops, Linoleum Floor Being Mopped
Saving Money on Swiffer Pads and Mops
🎉
🎄