Keep mice out of garden by mixing rat pellets with peanut butter and setting it out in your garden. The mice like the smell of peanuts.
That's a good way of keeping children out of the garden, too. Better rethink this idea.
Please don't put mouse baits out loose in your garden! Read the label directions first, and always put baits in a tamper-resistant bait station. This will reduce the number of accidental poisonings of pets, children, and other wildlife.
Mice like peanuts, but so do cardinals, blue jays, squirrels, and children! Please don't do this...you'll have no control over what you might end up killing. And even if the mice do eat the pellets, pity the beautiful hawks or owls that might eat that mouse and be poisoned, as well. :-(
Terrible idea! You have no control over what or who would be attracted to the peanut butter. You could end up poisoning any number of wild animals, pets and neighborhood children. The irresponsible use of poisons and pesticides is the cause of many of our health problems today. Always follow manufacturers directions.
There are a number of problems with this idea. First and foremost is that the peanut butter will attract many species, raccoons, squirrels, opossums. Also the rat (or mice) pellets cause the rodent to hemorrhage internally and if another animal eats the pellets they can also hemorrhage. This also pertains to domestic animals, dogs and cats. As a licensed wildlife rehabilitator I have received animals that have ingested a mouse that had eaten mice pellets. The pellets are a very cruel way to kill mice and should not be used.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!