Removing Expanding Foam From Bathtub

My bathroom fitter got that expanding foam on my new acrylic bath. I didn't notice it straight away, and now, one year later I still haven't found a way of removing it completely, without scratching the bath.

Linda from Glasgow

Try using a razor blade like you use to scrape windows. Be sure to keep it flat so it doesn't scratch the tub.

I hope this works for you.

Did you check the container of the expanding foam to see if they list any way to remove this? See if they have an 800 number on the can and call them to see if they can help you.

May 30, 2011 Flag

How do you get dried foam insulation off of a fiberglass bathtub?

By Christy

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I assume you are talking about foam insulation from an areosol can. There stuff is a bear to clean up. has to be cleaned up as soon as it gets on a surface. I only have a few suggestions.

1. Find the manufacturer from the can and locate their address from either the can or the internet and ask them for help. They may know of a solvent that will disolve the form.

2. Scrape off the excess foam with a razor blade being careful not to scratch the fiber glass.

3. Use a non scratch cleaning pad with a solvent. Use ventalation with any solvent.

4. Do not use any abrasive material as that will scratch the fiberglass.

5. Contact a fiberglass refinisher and see if they have any answer. You can find them in the yellow pages or on the internet.

Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomApril 16, 2008
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub