My bathroom fitter got that expanding foam on my new acrylic bath. I didn't notice it straight away, and now, one year later I still haven't found a way of removing it completely, without scratching the bath.
Linda from Glasgow
Try using a razor blade like you use to scrape windows. Be sure to keep it flat so it doesn't scratch the tub.
I hope this works for you.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
How do you get dried foam insulation off of a fiberglass bathtub?
I assume you are talking about foam insulation from an areosol can. There stuff is a bear to clean up. has to be cleaned up as soon as it gets on a surface. I only have a few suggestions.
1. Find the manufacturer from the can and locate their address from either the can or the internet and ask them for help. They may know of a solvent that will disolve the form.
2. Scrape off the excess foam with a razor blade being careful not to scratch the fiber glass.
3. Use a non scratch cleaning pad with a solvent. Use ventalation with any solvent.
4. Do not use any abrasive material as that will scratch the fiberglass.
5. Contact a fiberglass refinisher and see if they have any answer. You can find them in the yellow pages or on the internet.