Cool Cat Bug Toy

My cats favorite toy is simple and free to make:

Take a fairly short dowel (about 2 feet long), a knitting needle, or a stick from the yard. To the end, tie a 3 or 4 foot piece of fishline (sewing thread will do in a pinch). At the end of the fishline (or thread), tie just 1 or 2 small pieces of yarn, thread or string (about 4 inches long, but fold it in half to make it 2 inches when it's tied on. (eyelash yarn works best, but any will do)

To play with the cat, simply drag the yarn along the ground. The cat is fooled by the transparent fishline, he can't see the fishline, just the yarn on the end of it. My cat seems to think he's catching bugs. I call it his "Bug Toy". He just loves it!

My favorite cat trick is to drag the yarn along the ground then suddenly raise it about a foot above his head so he'll jump up and catch the "bug" with both paws. This toy will keep him amused for hours and he favors it far above any store bought toy.

One small note: When playing with any cat toy, always be gentle when you pull on the string just in case his little claw might be caught in the toy.

Cyinda from Near Seattle

my cats favorite toys are any castoffs,milk covers,toilet paper rolls and pipe cleaners

Cats are such cheap dates. Our goes crazy for feathers same premise as above by use a feather. (At Craft store)

This is a great cat toy BUT please be careful not to let your kitties ingest any kind of string or yarn. It is usually not digestible and will wrap around the intestines and will do great harm. Just a friendly reminder from a fellow cat person.

That sounds like a good way to exercise my overweight cat.

kitten playing
Homemade Cat Toys
Pets Cats Cat ToysApril 11, 2007
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Bug Sprayed on Wood Table
Cleaning a Bug Spray Stain on Wood Table
Ladybug on a blade of grass
Lady Bug Photos and Information
lady bug cupcakes
Bug Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄