50th Birthday Party Ideas

My mom is turning 50 this year and my sisters and I don't have a theme for her party. Any suggestions?

By Klaisa from Alton, IL

Some people are depressed about getting older so you may want to do something very fun and crazy. I think Hawaii 5-O would be a great theme. I was impressed with having lived 1/2 a century when I turned 50. You could do a theme with all the inventions and changes in the last 50 years. It's amazing how things have changed in 50 years. Good luck.

Since she was born in 1960 why not do a sixties theme? Steak n shake has cardboard kids meal cars that could be used to put cups of flowers inside for center pieces. A hamburger and sundae bar would be cute and you could make poodle skirts to wear. Have everyone dress like the sixties and play sixties rock and roll songs. Good luck and have fun!

September 23, 2010 Flag

I want to give my husband a 50th birthday party. Any good ideas to use? I want it to be sort of elegant and memorable. My colors are white and gold, and I want the guest to wear black or white outfits.

partylady1 from PA

August 29, 2005 Flag

I need ideas for my mom's 50th birthday party.

50th Birthday Party Ideas

In our area, there are a few amazing museums - one is an art and the other is animal. People all the time rent those out and then can look around after the dinner/buffet.

Another option is to check out a park/wilderness area. Lots of options for games etc there

Have fun! (08/30/2005)

50th Birthday Party Ideas

My mom did a surprise party for my dad with all the relatives and friends but she made posters with picture of him from a baby on up through his early 60's it was beautiful! In return my father did the same but made a power point presentation and had it running continually throughout the party on a screen. If you have a friend or family member that is computer savvy that was very lovely too. I think those cute little personal touches are wonderful. Both of them had candy made with their pictures on them as place cards but that can be costly-:) I personally think it is more about the memories then the cost so I think you can do a picture take home item with a sweet treat. (08/30/2005)

By Tina

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdaySeptember 23, 2010
50th Anniversary Gift Box
50th Anniversary Gift Ideas
Unique 50th Birthday Party Ideas
50th Wedding Anniversary Party
50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
Party Balloons
Surprise 50th Birthday Party Ideas