House Training a Pitbull

I have a 9 week blue nose Pitbull puppy and we are working on house breaking. Its going ok for her age, but the problem I'm running into is I will take her outside and she will go to the bathroom 3-5 times, but then 2 minutes after coming back in the house she is peeing on the floor.

It's always in a different spot and I can spend 5 minutes to 30 minutes and it's always the same. I'm unsure on what to do to stop this, so if anyone has any advise to give, please do.

By j

We have a 3 year old pit and we got her when she was 3 months old. We had her house trained in a week. I have read the responses on this subject and most of them I agree with. Some of them I don't. Every dog is different! Every person is different! What worked with our dog was crating her during the day when we were at work and at night. We took her potty before we put her in her crate and after we took her out, every time. When she pottied outside she was given a treat right then and there. If she did have an accident, yes we made sure she knew what we were talking about by making her look at it and then (by the collar) walking her outside to the grass. we kept saying "go outside, go potty". As soon as she pottied in the grass there was a treat waiting for her right as that moment. She hardly ever had any accidents in the house after the first 3 days. Now, she listens better than our kids do. lol. We went from the crate to a giant dog pillow "her bed" and she knows when we say go to bed that is exactly what she does.

They are smarter than you think. It's like riding a bike when they learn stuff. They wont forget it!

I have two pit bulls that I have had since they were puppies. When I was housebreaking them, and until they were probably 6 months old, I had to keep the water bowl put up. They would drink and drink and then not be able to hold it to go outside. I would offer them water right before a trip outside many times a day so they wouldn't get dehydrated. Also, make sure you take her outside as soon as she wakes up from a nap, right after she has been running around or playing, and right after she eats. Crate training works great when you are not at home. If done correctly, most dogs come to see their crates as a safe place and will even go there if they are feeling stressed by a situation. Above all, lots of patience and parise.

I agree with putting up the water bowl. You need to control the amount of liquid intake to control the output. Lots of praise for a "JOB" well done and never rub your dog's nose in her mistakes. Remember, patience and persaverance.

I need help. My son got a puppy red nose, Bentley, he is 8 weeks now. He lives with my son and his 2roomates but I sit for him two times a week when he waiters. He brings the pad I put it down but he pees on the rug 3 times and once on pad, my son says the pad should be right in family area near TV, but I think it should be near sliding doors in that same room. Is 8 weeks to young to be trained? And does a pit bull have to be crate trained. Please also tell me they definitely are not vicious if we have from such a young age.

Put a dog training pad away from where he or she sleeps and every time they relieve the dog does on the training pad you give them a treat even when they are outside.

welcome to my world! My blue nose pit is 9 weeks also and I am going thru the same thing! I am however finding that everytime he does this I put him in his cubical. I got a fence that is shaped like a square and he knows when I put him in there is because he does the pooping a peeing in the home. So he is slowly getting bit better, but lord this feels like forever!

House Training a Pitbull
House Training a Pitbull
Pets Dogs House TrainingOctober 14, 2010
Boxer puppy chewing on a plastic bone.
Training a Boxer Puppy
pug in a crate
Crate Training a Dog
Black and white Pitbull puppy.
Training a Pitbull to Not Bite
agility training for your dog
Agility Training for Your Dog