Ellie (Labrador Retriever)

Ellie is a 2 year old Labrador Retriever (American Line.)

We got her from an avid Bird Hunter in Ft Wayne, IN. We brought her home in August of 2006.

Ellie will play incessantly if you let her. She'll drop the ball on your feet a thousand times until you throw it. She's a tireless swimmer, as well: truly a dog bred for hunting (which I don't do, unfortunately!).

My wife and I have no kids and constantly dote over her like a child. She sleeps with us, eats better than most children do, it's funny. She is incredibly sweet and social and loves children. Very smart too: we have an autistic nephew and Ellie is very attentive and protective of him.

By Jeff from Geneva, IL

Ellie (Labrador Retriever)

Enjoy your darling Ellie. She reminds me of my Midnite, a female lab who was identical in personality and stayed with me for 11 yrs.

God bless you for being the BEST LAB PARENTS!

Lynn Marie

Florida

Ellie is a beautiful girl! I once knew a black lab named George and he was one of the sweetest, gentlest dogs I've ever known. Thanks for sharing Ellie with us and God bless you.

What a great dog! Maybe you could find a hunter who'd take her out sometimes - someone who couldn't keep a dog. It'd be a treat for Ellie!

What a gorgeous doggie and sleek coat!!!

She is a great rep for Labs. They are truly wonderful

dogs my friends had one, Desperado and he was so

good and faithful.

She sound like a happy, energetic dog. You might also

let a teenage neighbor kid who cannot have a pet

walk or run with her. It would benefit both teenager and

Ellie. She really is pretty.You are blessed and thank you

for giving her such happiness.

Ellie is a doll and one very lucky doggie! Hope her birthday was great! I gotta ask, is the cake for her to eat and, if so, what's it made of? I have a birthday coming up for my Harley-girl, who is a Golden Retriever mix and I would like to make a cake for her!

MARY MOO - thanks for the kind words, and yes I remember the picture of Harley girl. Hope she's well.

The cake was from a Doggie Bakery in St Charles near us. It was peanut butter with Carob (imitation chocolate) icing. One word of caution with regard to Carob; and I know every dog is different, but we think the Carob gave her very bad diarrhea - so bad there was blood in it. However, it hasn't returned and the only thing she had out of the ordinary was the cake. Peanut butter is a staple of her diet (Kong Toy), so it had to be the Carob. Just keep that in mind when you get one for Harley Girl.

Again, thanks to everyone for the kind words about our baby. You have no idea how much we love our girl, thanks all.

Happy Birthday, Ellie!! I just celebrated my 11th birthday on the 4th of July. I hope we both have many, many more! Aren't parties fun!

Kato the Wonder Dog

PS> You're a beautiful pup!

Photos Pets DogsJuly 14, 2008
Golden Retriever Mix
Golden Retriever Mix Photos
Muffin (Golden Retriever - Chow Mix)
Golden Retriever/Chow Mix Photos
Golden Retriever
Golden Retriever - Breed Information and Photos
Labrador Retriever Breed Information and Photos
🎄
🍂