Pattern for Long Housecoat

Does anyone know where I may obtain a pattern for a front zippered, floor length, long sleeved housecoat? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Willi from Calgary, Canada

Lots of vintage sewing patterns:

http://momspatterns.com/home

Try www.ebay.com

Make your own. I did as a teenager. I took a size larger full sleeve top to use as my pattern. I laid out enough newspaper so I could draw my pattern long enough to touch the floor. I folded the top in half, then started drawing my pattern. Depending on your figure, you could flair the pattern out so it isn't just straight on the sides, I included the sleeve in with the body of the pattern. Cut the back on fold. Add a inch to the front piece to allow for your zipper. This way you only have to sew the side seams then put in your zipper. Be sure the cut 5 or 6 cuts toward your seam along where sleeve meets the body of the robe to allow robe to curve under the arm. If you know how to sew, I am sure you know what I mean. Guess what I am saying you can understand what I am saying as to snipping and the curve of the sleeve. Hope you understand me. I haven't sewed in 40 years and that was one of my first projects.

If you have an old robe that you like, rip the seams open and use it for a pattern.

Crafts SewingJanuary 8, 2009
dried spices
How Long Do Dried Herbs and Spices Last?
stack of yo yo paper weights
Making Yo Yo Pattern Weights
a woman sewing
Altering Misses Size Pants Pattern to Petite
flip flop quilt
Making a Flip Flop Quilt
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 21, 2016 at 9:29:55 PM on 10.0.0.156 in 912 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.