Pop-up Virus (Anti-Virus 2009)

Has anyone out there had experience with a pop-up virus - Anti-virus 2009? I delete it constantly but it keeps recurring. It's seems like it's trying to take over my computer. Any ideas on how to get rid of it? Thanks.

Joan from Chesterfield, MI

I got this from a site that helped me get rid of a trojan virus

and it worked great. Haven't had any more show up. Also

used this on a friends computer that had 4 trojans in it.

Hope this might help those that you posed today.

Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%

(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :

Restart your computer

After hearing your computer beep once during startup,

but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;

Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu

should appear;

Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.

Choose your usual account.

Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to

start the script.

Type Y to begin the cleanup process.

It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds

then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.

Press any Key and it will restart the PC.

From what I've heard, the most effective way of removing Antivirus 2008 is to have a

professional do it, as there are 127 registry tweaks, and numerous

files to clean out.

Good Luck

You can Google Anti-Virus 2009 and read various sites to get rid of it, but some are very complicated. I just did a system restore to when I knew I didn't have it and it worked. I tried for about 6 hours to get rid of it before I read that hint. Good Luck!

There are many applications out there who's developers claim to be anti-virus / anti-malware applications but really are just malware themselves in some cases.

I strongly recommend using Spybot. Spybot will clean these products off of your system. Just remember to update and immunize once a month and occasionally do a scan to check for problems. Updating and immunizing is extremely important to stay safe.

With Windows Vista you have to remember to right click the spybot icon and click 'run as administrator' when updating and immunizing.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

If you are looking for an EXCELLENT anti-virus application I recommend trying Avast!. Very effective, very free. Superior to other free antivirus apps.

http://avast.com/

Between the two, you will be well protected and they cost you nothing to use. Both Spybot and Avast! not only are free, but they both protect you no matter what web browsers you use. Avast requires online registration but all you have to do is submit your email address and they'll email you a product key.

Try this link. I think it will probably solve your problem for free.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. However soon after I sent out my plea for help, my 14-year-old granddaughter used my computer and within 15 minutes she had it erased (don't ask). I guess there is nothing like a teenager to solve computer problems. I am saving all your suggestions, just in case I have any further trouble. Thanks again. Joan

I am using Spybot to remove Anti-Virus 2009 from my computer. Very annoying & time consuming to figure out how to deal with it. My daughter was searching for pumpkin carving stencils alas this arrived on the scene. AVG and AdAware did not catch any of this! Thanks to Spybot and this website for letting me know it's safe to use and works!

I'm infected with this and AVG, Spybot, as well as Spyware Doctor find infected files and delete them, but it won't make the Antivirus 2009 go away. On top of that I cannot get the Malwarebytes or Ad Aware to scan my computer, they just lock up and sit there. I am getting so frustrated with this!

Anti Virus Software Search
Anti Virus Software Information and Reviews
Computers VirusesOctober 10, 2008
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
Homemade Anti-Wrinkle Mask Recipes
🎉
🎄