Gluten Free Recipes

I was diagnosed with non-Celiac gluten intolerance, which basically means I am allergic to gluten. I'm relieved to learn this disease is treatable without medication; however, I have to remove all forms of gluten from my diet.

Would anyone out there in "Thriftyfun World" be able to supply me with some basic gluten-free recipes? Mainly bread, or any meal ideas, I'm totally stumped. I recently ate oatmeal with fruit and was violently ill for 3 days (full of gluten), help!

By Kelly from southeastern, PA

Try this blog:

Also instead of bread for sandwiches, you could use tortillas. Most tortillas are made from flour, but the ones that are sold in the refrigerator section at our grocery store are made from all corn. Another thing my husband likes to eat are rice cakes. He likes the chocolate ones with peanut butter, my daughter likes the cheese ones with pizza toppings on them and I like the salted ones with hummus. There are many different recipes using rice cakes at this site:

I forgot to add that Walmart sells a gluten-free pasta made by DeBoles. They are sold in the regular pasta department, and the price is very reasonable. Also, Betty Crocker has started selling gluten-free cake mixes and cookie mixes. The price on these is reasonable as well, and they are sold in the same area as the other cake mixes.

My son is on a gluten free diet. Pamela's make's some good stuff, and Bob's Red Mill has some GF flour. Amy's makes a GF pizza that's not bad. Recently I picked up a package of GF Brownie mix at Trader Joes and added some extra yummy ingredients.

De Boles makes a whole line of pasta noodles. Lasagna, Rigatoni, Spaghetti, Fettucini, you name it.

There's always these links too:

There's a few good cookbooks out there too. ... 156022501&ref=pd_sl_15yynievnk_e

Hope this helps.

I've done research for the last two years on organic foods. I also have a non-celiac sensitivity and it is not caused by gluten but by the chemicals that are being sprayed on the wheat crops. Please read the following website: ... te-roundup-mimic-gluten-sensitivity/

Bob's Red Mill makes gluten-free quick cooking oats. Other food companies produce cereals that may have had a cross contamination of wheat and that's why you got sick after eating the oat meal.

I have a page that you might be interested in reading on Facebook. Here is the link: ... eed-Your-GMOs/623433574382659?ref=hl

Gluten Free Cookies
Gluten Free Tips and Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceMay 25, 2010
Colorful Valentine' Day cookies.
Gluten-Free Valentine's Desserts
Shortbread cookies.
Gluten Free Shortbread Recipes
Gluten Free Meatloaf
Gluten Free Meatloaf Recipes
Man tasting from a pot of soup.  There are a variety of vegetables and peppers on the counter
Thickening Soups Without Gluten or Dairy