Crocheted Fingerless Gloves

These gloves would be great for any romantic dinner. They are a long glove that should hit right between the elbow and wrist. Ladylike gloves are making a big come back right now. These also could be made for a wedding or prom.

This pattern is a reclaimed vintage pattern from a pair of gloves that my mother wore to a dinner dance in college in the early 50s that my grandmother made her. I did not have a pattern. I just sat and looked and counted stitches on my mother's gloves so I can not say if this is a 1950's glove or some pattern my grandmother had from some other time period or if she did not make it up herself. But I have worked up the pattern, as you will see in the picture, and they are beautiful. Also they did not take much thread at all so you could make several pairs from one new ball of crochet thread or use up some that you have left over from another project.

I would rate these as "advanced beginner". These should fit a small to average hand. To make these for a bigger hand increase the size of the crochet hooks to I crochet hook for the main body of the glove. A G crochet hook for the top of the glove and E crochet hook to crochet them together. Time to Complete: A couple of nights of TV, which translates into a couple of hours for each glove.

• 1 G crochet hook
  • 1 F crochet hook
  • 1 D crochet hook
  • 1 ball of crochet thread color of you r choice

Stitch Guide:

• Diagonal shell stitch for main body. This stitch is a combination of shells (like for a granny square) and V stitches
  • Scallop stitch for top edge (1 sc, 3dc, 1 sc)
  • Scallop stitch for bottom edge (1 sc, 3dc, 1 sc)

These gloves are crochet in one piece with a seam up the side leaving a hole in the seam for your thumb. You will do one crochet hook change of size at the top for the small scallop stitch edging.

Chain 37

Row 1 Dc in the fifth chain from hook making sure on this foundation row that you keep your chain flat and do not let it twist. *Skip next 3 chains, 5 Dc (shell) in next stitch, Skip next 3 chains, Dc, ch 1, Dc (V stitch) in next chain Repeat across. Chain 3 (counts as first Dc) in next row turn.

Row 2 : 2 Dc in first ch1 space skip next 3 Dc and Dc, Ch1, Dc ( V stitch) in next Dc, *5 double crochet (shell) in the next chain 1 space, skip next 3 Dc, 1 Dc, ch1, 1Dc ( V stitch) in next Dc. Repeat from * across to last Dc, 3Dc in last stitch. Chain 4 turn.

Row 3 Dc in the first Dc * 5 Dc in next chain 1 space, skip next 3 double crochet, 1 Dc, ch1, 1 Dc in next Dc Repeat from* across.

Continue in pattern doing rows 2 and 3 for 16 rows, then chain 1 and turn.

Row 17: Switch to an F hook In first stitch 1sc, 3dc, 1 sc (Scallop made) *skip 2 stitches and 1 sc, 3dc, 1 sc continue all the way across. At this point you will go back to working with your G hook again. Turn work so you are now crocheting down the side of the glove. 3 Dc in each space all the way down the side. Across the bottom evenly space Scallop stitches. Last side is working in 3 double crochets in each space along side. Fasten off. Work in ends.

With D crochet hook slip stitch from bottom up approximately 5 1/2 inches. Fasten off. Join yarn in first stitch at top of seam and slip stitch down approximately 21/2 inches. Fasten off and work in ends. The space that is left open in the seam is where you put your thumb when you wear them.

White lacy crochet gloves.

About The Author: Debra Frick is a mother of 5 and a grandmother to 8 grandsons and one granddaughter. She is a published author and poetress. Recycling and saving money are her passions. She also loves crocheting and cooking. She is also a pet rescue volunteer and has many pets of her own.

These are beautiful!

Does this use #10 crochet thread? The pattern just says "1 ball of crochet thread color of you r choice" or is it size 3? baby weight yarn? What size please?

Please let me know exactly what size thread/yarn you used.

I used # 10 sized Thread. Hope this helps sorry for any confusion.

Crocheted Fingerless Gloves
Crocheted Fingerless Gloves
Crafts Crochet PatternsFebruary 11, 2009
Purple Passion Crochet Fingerless Gloves
Crocheted Ruffled Fingerless Gloves
Old Fashioned Lace Gloves
Making Crochet Lace Gloves
Fan Patterned Fingerless Gloves
Making Fan Pattern Fingerless Gloves
knitted fingerless gloves
Knitting Fingerless Gloves