Reusing Old Silverware

Ideas for reusing silverware once it is past it's prime. Post your ideas.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

An old fork makes a great weed-puller, and costs next to nothing.

By Linda

I have seen several things using old silverware. Jewely comes to mind, but also they are great for craft projects. I use a fork and spoon for building pottery vases. The fork for scoring between joints, and the spoon for smoothing out rough spots.

Hi, Old forks are easy to turn in to elegant place card holders on your table. Bend the outer tines backward and the center tines forward. Place a name card on the center two tines. This is always a conversation piece!

Use a vice to bend the handles into a C shape leaving the ends straight, drill holes with a fine drill bit into the straight ends and attach to a drawer front for interesting fun kitchen drawer pulls.

Regards

Jo

I have seen on ebay, forks or spoons turned into napkin rings. The tines or spoon parts have been cut off and the end filed and cleaned up then somehow turned into a circle. If someone is handy, they look quite smart.

Bend the silverware to make a napkin ring. This is always a topic of conversation when they are used. I took some of my Grandmother's unmatched pieces and did this. It is special when we use them. My boys always say that part of Grandma is here with us.

I have seen the cutest windchimes and mobiles for the garden made out of old silverware. Spoon rings are fun. In my hippie days a friend had a hammered fork bracelet that I envied. Also, a fun thing to look for at secondhand stores is old, mismatched utensils of sterling silver. Set a holiday or dinner party table with the polished finds for a great, funky look.

Ive seen some fantastic looking coat hooks made out of things like old forks, bent into spirals and screwed to the wall or bit of wood. They were selling for a pretty nifty price too!

We live in the country and my kids use old spoons to dig in the sandbox.

Also, I saw a mobile made out of silverware.

They could also be bent into one of those thingies to hold back curtains.

Comment

old silverware
Uses for Old Silverware
A polished set of silverware
Storing Silverware
old silverware
Crafts Using Old Silverware
Woman wearing rubber gloves polishing silver.
Polishing Silverware
Finished Wind Chimes
Silverware Wind Chimes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 17, 2016 at 10:05:38 PM on 10.0.0.254 in 343 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.