Painting Kitchen with Tan Tile and Brown Cabinets

What would be a good color to paint your kitchen wall, when your cabinets are brown and your tile floor is a tan color?

By Allona from Baytown, TX

Without seeing a picture its pretty hard to say what would look good.

However, typically kitchen walls are painted darker than the cabinets and floors. You can get away with a darker color because there is less wall space in a kitchen. Try to pick a darker accent color for the walls, maybe incorporating a color you already have in your kitchen (placemats, pictures on the wall, etc).

You may also want to invest in getting a fandeck:

It is amazing how helpful it is to have a fandeck at home with hundreds or thousands of colors. Any paint place can match whatever color you find in your fandeck even if it is a different brand of paint.

Hope that helps!

Well thank you, I didnt know if it would be better to have a darker color or lighter so that really did help =)

You could go almost anywhere, from a sage, which is pretty neutral to a rust or golden tan/yellow. Are you planning to keep the cabinets brown? One thought is to paint them white or add paint and a glaze. Will give it an updated look.

I agree -a "cool" color would be pretty, unless your considering painting the cabinets, that would open endless opportunities. Using an item you already have and are going to continue to use would help, and getting some of those small jars of paint to really see on the walls in all kinds of light is another good recommendation. Besides - they say that paint is the cheapest way to redecorate, so if you don't like the color you choose - repaint! I, myself, hate this suggestion since I hate to paint,mostly, the cutting in part - I'm great with the roller hahaha!

You can't go wrong with blue when you are working with browns. Good luck!

Paint chips on a kitchen blueprint.
Kitchen Paint Color Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceJanuary 19, 2010
Group of people holding painting supplies and samples in a white kitchen
What Color Should I Paint My Kitchen Walls?
Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for a Kitchen With Cherry Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets