Fruit TreesGardening

Help With Planting a Peach Tree

I heard that you can plant a peach tree in a pot, anyway you can plant it and it will grow. What I need to know is, can you just plant it as it is, or do you have to freeze it or HOW DO YOU DO THIS, PLEASE help me. I want to plant apple seeds also. How do I do this stuff. I am a city girl planted in the country and don't really know what I am doing, but I want to learn. Thanks so much for whoever is coming to my rescue.

Jamish from , Ransom Kansas

If you google the name of the plant and "propagation" there is a wealth of information on the web. Good luck MP in NTexas

Look up and keep handy the number for your county's Cooperative Extension office. They have a Master Gardener program made of volunteers who have had some advanced training and who just love to answer questions like yours. You'll ask them again and again as things come up! Good luck and God Bless!

I don't know about planting a peach pit to get a tree to grow. But if you go to www.gurneys.com, you can buy a tree for very little. They ship all plants when it is time to grow them with full instructions on how to plant them and keep them growing. And they guarantee their plants. I bought my first peach tree from them. It was awesome. I had fruit the second year and that was about 2 years too early for it to produce fruit. Awesome company!

Your new best friend should be your local county agricultural agent... their knowledge is priceless.