Cleaning the Outside of a Digital Camera

This may sound icky to some people, but I can't afford to replace my camera. My little boy cat, who was fixed way too young by the rescue mission who found him, is a sprayer. He sprayed my Digicamera, and I want to know how to clean it

That is, what can I wipe it down with? I don't want to go inside it. I don't think anything got inside, but he sure marked the outside, and a plain tissue wipe just isn't enough. If there's a gentle solution I can safely use to clean the case and lenses with, I'd appreciate knowing.

By Cornelia from OR

I would think that using vinegar on a rag would help eliminate that odor and maybe completely with a couple of wipe downs. Just make sure the rag is not so soaked that it seeps into any working part of the camera.

You could also try some rubbing alcohol on a cloth and see if that would work. Let the camera dry good before using it again.

I have a sprayer too....I love him to pieces. I use Borateem in solution to wipe things down and in my wash. It works every time. I follow the directions on the box. You should be able to get it for under $4 for a large box. Bless you for being patient with your little guy.

Thank you for your suggestions, Lizzyanny, starxmn and Deeli, yes, we love him to pieces. other than the spraying he is the most delightful boy, gives major head kisses and is, lol, judge and jury over the other cats without ever having a mean streak. he even took on a pair of kittens and taught them the ropes. Real sweetie, very loving and nurturing no-nonsense sort of guy-except when he's flirting outrageously with us. wasn't my type when I saw him at C.A.T.S., but he gave me his belly and melted my heart and brains at the same time, lol, love him dearly.

I have tried rubbing alcohol and it cleans, but the odor sometimes remains, and the vinegar works sometimes but not always-these were used in the wash. I have tried Borax but never heard of Borateem, yikes! it has or is chlorine. they call it "color safe chlorine". how color safe are those color safe chlorine? do synthetics survive them? I use Sun detergent or Woolite, depending, along with pet's friend and occasionally hydrogen peroxide for fresh protein stains, occasionally ammonia (only in the wash load), avoiding chlorine except for the occasional white that's become really yellowed. Using chlorine on a camera casing sounds pretty drastic. well, I'll try a test spot with the mildest of these and see. I couldn't get it to take a picture, but the new batteries I chose weren't strong ones, so it may just be that.

Blue digital camera.
Cleaning a Digital Camera
Home and Garden Cleaning ElectronicsAugust 2, 2011
Broken Digital Camera
Uses for a Broken Digital Camera
Couple Buying a Digital Camera
Buying a Digital Camera
A girl in a striped shirt holding a camera to her eye.
Buying a Camera
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer