Alvin (Chipmunk)

Alvin is a Chipmunk. We just recently moved into a campground for the summer. This little fellow greeted us within days of arriving. He is the camp unofficial welcoming host. My husband John, decided to name him Alvin. Each morning Alvin is here for breakfast and John is quick to offer him peanuts. Alvin now will climb onto his large hand for a quick snack. Now, each day is started with "good morning Alvin." Definitely a change in our senior life. I thought we were getting a dog this year? He likes to visit the neighbors. He loves having a potluck with the birds at the feeder. (ground level) Alvin has a friend, but she is a little shy right now.

By Sheila

How lucky can you get? What a wonderful serrendipitous relationship you two have been treated to. In my humble opinion, to have one of the little wild creatures trust you enough to visit you daily and to even enjoy a meal with you makes you very special creatures yourselves. These days will live a long time in your book of treasured memories. I know they would in mine.

If you have more pictures, I for one would love to

see them. Thank you so much for sharing Alvin with us.

This is a wonderful picture. We used to have raccoons visit us when we went camping. Nothing near to what you are experiencing, although we watched a baby get into a peanut butter jar which was nearly empty and clean it out. These critters ars such a joy. Thanks for sharing.

I have always fed the chipmunks while camping. I give them unsalted peanuts in the shells. I have them around my house too, although not as bad as some people do. They are not a bother. One year I had a little girl so tame she'd jump right up on me whenever I sat down outside. I know she was a girl because she had two little ones. She'd show them how to get nuts from us, but she wouldn't let them take them from our hands. Very protective she was!

Lucky you, thanks for sharing!

Chipmunk Information and Photos
Photos Pets OtherJune 22, 2010
Hand feeding a rescued chipmunk.
Caring for a Rescued Chipmunk
Yellow pine chipmunk on a rock.
Natural Chipmunk Repellents