Karen's Family Tradition - Christmas Ornaments with Stories

Every year, I buy everyone in the family a special ornament that has something to do with their past year, their interests or accomplishments. When I got divorced and had 2 young girls, we started some holiday traditions of our own.

The favorite of everyone is a Christmas eve picnic under the Christmas tree. We eat easy finger foods, spread a tablecloth on the floor and play I-Spy with the Christmas ornaments. When the specific ornament is found, there is always a story told of that particular ornament and what it means.

The kids all love hearing the "family history" and even know the stories from the ornaments I received from my Mom each year growing up. It is truly our favorite tradition.

By Karen

Decorated Christmas Tree
Family Christmas Traditions
Holidays and Parties Christmas TraditionsDecember 21, 2004
Extended Family Portrait
Starting a Family Reunion Tradition
Easter Chicken Craft
Easter Craft Ideas
Angel and Devil Toasting
Religious Jokes
A gnome in a garden.
Preventing Yard and Garden Theft