Karen's Family Tradition - Christmas Ornaments with Stories

Every year, I buy everyone in the family a special ornament that has something to do with their past year, their interests or accomplishments. When I got divorced and had 2 young girls, we started some holiday traditions of our own.

The favorite of everyone is a Christmas eve picnic under the Christmas tree. We eat easy finger foods, spread a tablecloth on the floor and play I-Spy with the Christmas ornaments. When the specific ornament is found, there is always a story told of that particular ornament and what it means.

The kids all love hearing the "family history" and even know the stories from the ornaments I received from my Mom each year growing up. It is truly our favorite tradition.

By Karen