Appreciate The Nurses

I suppose the tip in this is to be very nice to the nurses in your life. In the spring of 2006, my husband was diagnosed with colon cancer. He spent most of the following year in the hospital under the care of the most wonderful group of nurses and assistants I have ever met. They were so kind to us and watched over him and me like we were their very own grandparents. We were there so many times that the surgery floor nurses were calling us Mr. Joe and Mrs. Margaret.

After he had his colon rejoined, we felt that might be our last trip but he tried to do too much and had to go back for hernia surgery. I met one of our buddies on the elevator and her face fell. She said to me "Mrs Margaret, Is Mr Joe back in the hospital?". This is not a small hospital. It is one of the largest in Houston but you get family type care there.

I have 2 doctors and several nurses in my family. While I am proud of the doctors, I have come to really appreciate the nurses because of what they do every day after the doctor leaves. If you are fortunate enough to know a nurse or to have one in your family, please give him or her a big hug for me!

By MartyD from Houston, TX

As a nurse, I want to say "thank you" for your kind words of appreciation. Personally, I love my job and I know there are many nurses that feel the same. I'm so glad that you and your husband received excellent care while he was in the hospital and I hope he is doing well and experiencing good health now.

as a nurse that works in a drs office i say thank you too. we get the phone calls for help and do alot of counseling and praying for the patients before the dr ever sees the patient. the first time i got a gift i was so surprised, but the thank you note from the patient just showed me that she really appreciated me. of course the drs make the patients feel better with medicine but i do believe the nurses make the patients "heart and soul" feel better.

Just today I was at the hospital- I am 34 weeks pregnant with high blood pressure, and it was especially high today so the doctors office sent me there to check things out. Everything turned out just fine but I was there for about 6 hours and the nurse that was with me all day was the nicest most calming person to be with and I told her so. I also told her I hope to see her again when I deliver. The difference between a good nurse and a not so good nurse can really make a difference in how one feels.

Health & Beauty AdviceOctober 2, 2007
Pastor Appreciation
Pastor Appreciation Ideas
Wood dog house in a backyard.
Winterizing a Dog House
A nurse reading a chart.
Organizing Tips for Nurses
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
🎄
🍂