KitchenProduct Reviews

Pasta Express Reviews

Has anybody ever gotten or tried the pasta express? it is the glass cylinder you put pasta and boiling water in and it cooks really fast.

Thank you,
Sandy from Baltimore

Hi, I dont' have one, and wouldn't buy one. I'll tell you how to cook pasta using the same method. Just boil your water, put your pasta into the water, stirr it until it's boiling again, cover with a lid, and remove the pot from the heat. Time the pasta for 16 minutes, stirr, then strain. Perfect pasta every time. That's how a lot of Italian restaurants do their pasta. Saves money and you don't have to keep checking to see if it's done. I use a timer.

I don't have one but I wanted to buy one like you,until I saw a thing on the news that tested all those AS SEEN ON T.V. items. The pasta express was one and it didn't work.Good luck!

i vaguely remember seeing the Pasta Express reviewed by Consumer Reports and it didn't get good reviews. Sounds to me like Gouligann14 has the best idea/method!

ok you all convinced me. sandy63 here i am not going to get the pasta express. it is a prize i can get at a survey site. the points are burning a hole in my pocket and i want to spend them.

Hi, bought one...didn't work...sold it a yard sale. Save your money.

I have mixed feelings about it. I'm not sure it's any faster but seems slightly more convenient I suppose. I have an electric kettle that heats water to boiling in a jiffy plus is easy to pour. If I'm making something that calls for already cooked pasta to be added, it seems to work well. I also like that I can drain the pasta right in the pasta express. I got mine in a regular store for only $10 so I wasn't out much money if I don't use it much. I've not tried doing anything but pasta in it so far and so far it cooked it just fine....spaghetti, elbow mac, penne and ziti. Oh and I just return it to the small tall box it came in and it doesn't take up much room in the pantry.

Even tho I like mine ok....I can't say I'd really recommend it. Yes, you can do just fine cooking pasta the old-fashioned way!

I have one and I agree that it isn't any faster. You still have to boil the water so do it all in one pan. The only convenience is the strainer top. Mine will probably end up in a white elephant exchange!

I bought one and used it several times;

every time my pasta stuck together.

I even tried putting some oil in the water,

but that didn't help.

So now it just sits in the cabinet.

thanks gouligann for the tip, i boil my angel hair pasta for 2 minutes then take off heat cover and let sit for 5 minutes and drain. i got this tip off the back of one of my spaghetti packages a long time ago. am glad to learn of your method as i some times have problems with my other pasta getting too starchy and sticky