How Can I Make Homemade Balloon Weights?

How do I make homemade balloon weights for graduation?

By Pam from MT

You can use almost anything as a weight. Small candy bars, small rocks that you can leave natural or paint with craft paints. You could even use unlit tea light candles, that you wrap in tissue paper to conceal what they are. You could even use play dough and work it into funky shapes and let them harden. You can probably think up more ideas without having to make something that looks like what comes with the balloons.

Anything can be used as a weight as redhatterb said. Check with your Dad or other male relative who may have a workshop & tools. Ask if they have any spare metal washers. This can be found in hardware stores for very little cost and is a metal disc with a hole in the center. Use several if one is not heavy enough,

For my daughters graduation I went to Home Depot and purchased the largest (and heaviest) washers that I could find. Also went to the paint department and purchased some black spray paint ($1.00), then on to Michael's to purchase silver glitter. After spraying the washers, while the paint is still wet, sprinkle glitter (on both sides) and you not only have a baloon weight, but a pretty one at that. Have fun. The kids all loved theirs.

I would find a smooth, nice looking rock, paint a face on it, and wrap it with shiny wrapping paper. Then tie tie balloons string to it along with some curling ribbon or other decorations. When the balloon has lived out it's usefulness the rock can become a "pet" rock.

Multi Colored Balloons
Saving Money on Balloons
Crafts MiscellaneousApril 22, 2011
Paper Mache Hot Air Balloon
Making a Paper Mache Hot Air Balloon
stack of yo yo paper weights
Making Yo Yo Pattern Weights
Blue balloon flowers.
Growing Balloon Flowers (Chinese Bellflower)
Pink Sewing Pattern Weight
Making Sewing Pattern Weights
🎉
🎄