Finding Children Given Up for Adoption

Can anyone tell me how I can find my children who were adopted out by the State of Florida. Something at no cost to me?

By Teri from Lady Lake, FL

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Check this link:

http://www.isrr  gistration.shtml

It will take you to the International Soundex Reunion Registry (a non-profit org); adopted children as well as bio parents, grandparents and other family members can sign up for this. While they accept donations, there is no cost.

You'll be in a database; if they are over 18 and looking for you (or the other way around...after they are 18) the ISRR contacts either of you and can get things going.

There are also a lot of links to adoption & reunion topics. It's a great site.

I'm on there, waiting until a family member (not my child) may possibly come of age and hopefully begin looking for bio family.

Also, don't know if Florida's Children & Family services have this, but in a lot of states, they also have adoptee/bio databases run by the state governments that permit you to file your contact info if your case was a state/county-mandated adoption; when the child reaches adulthood, if they choose to look at that database, you're in there. That's also generally free.

Good luck in your search.

Adoption
Finding A Child Given Up for Adoption
Parenting AdoptionDecember 28, 2009
Woman Holding Up Shirt With Iron Burn
Wrinkle Free Clothes Without Ironing
Three kids laying in the grass.
Adopting a Foster Child
African baby in a t-shirt.
Adopting a Child from a Foreign Country
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 12:20:51 PM on 10.0.2.62 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.