Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights

I am looking for materials to hang/hold Christmas lights outside. I need to hang up lights, but don't want to use a staple gun. What are other things you can use?

By Miranda from Whitesville, WV

You can buy special clips/hooks in the same department as they sell the lights, etc. Anyway that is where they are located in my WalMart.

Like redhatterb said, there are hooks/clips that you can buy and attach to the roof. They are also detachable, and I wouldn't leave them on all year because then they break and kind of ruin the roof or wherever you hang the lights. The kind I have are grey and unnoticeable, so it's good! Hope this helps!

Go to Lowe's, look at what they have or get some 1x1 lumber while there & some nails.Cut the lumber as long as you want it, put a nail in each one to hold the lights. If you have bushes hang the lights on top of them, good luck.

My husband used small brass hooks and screwed them into the wood along the roof. They don't seem to rust, as we left the hooks up for two years now. He got them at Lowes. Hope this helps.

On my old house I used the special clips but they were a pain to put up and take down every year. When I moved into my new house the previous owner had hooks along the roof. It's great they stay up all year long and it is so easy to attach the lights. If you wanted to put them on a railing or post not so sure what you could use. I always used a staple gun.

Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations LightsNovember 29, 2009
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Outdoor Flood Lights
Preventing Ice Buildup on Outdoor Flood Lights
Classic Christmas Tree
Putting Lights on a Christmas Tree
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
🎉
🎄