Holiday Decorations for Your Table

Instead of spending money each holiday to change our tablecloth, we purchased a white table cloth and clear plastic from our fabric store cut to fit our table. The plastic cost around $3.50. For each holiday, we cut out designs from construction paper and place between the cloth and the plastic; ie, hearts for Valentines Day, shamrocks for St. Patty's Day, eggs for Easter, etc. For birthdays, we put pictures of the birthday girl/boy. We get to change our design over and over without spending a fortune on new tablecloths and without having to take up additional storage space.

That's a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

It's a nice kid's table idea, but for an adult gathering it would look pretty cheap.

We do the same thing for our homeschool. We have under our plastic, math tables, small posters, Books of the Bible, periodic table, presidents and more.

NYMom, I have seen that done in nice restaurants so I don't think it would look cheap. The restaurant I have seen it is was all done in black and white and it was striking!

Hey Susan,

What a great idea! I think it would add a personal touch and not look cheap at all. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, Susan, what a GREAT idea. I cannot wait to try it for children & adults alike. God Bless. Trish in CT

I think this is a smashing idea and wonder why I never thought of it. I think it would be wonderful for all but the most formal of occassions and would be a conversation piece to remember past gatherings of friends and family. The birthday boy or girl could see how much they have grown from the previous year for example, departed loved ones could be remembered, and it would only require pictures, decorations, and a little time to organize the display. Kudos to you for this suggestion.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsFebruary 27, 2009
Table Runner
Making a Table Runner
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
glass coffee table
Repairing a Coffee Table With Missing Glass
Glass Top Table
Designing a Glass Top Table
🎄
🍂