T-Shirt to Storage Bag

Back in the 60's, I saved all my pantyhose for crafts or wearing with pants. I decided I needed some way to keep them and ended up making an old shirt into a storage bag.

I sewed the bottom of the shirt, cut off the sleeves and sewed up the armholes and hung it on a nice hanger. It went on the inside of my closet door and all of the hose that came out of the laundry were tucked into the neck hole.

Over the years I have used this idea several ways:

• Football jersey to hang in my son's bathroom for his dirty clothes.

• Child's shirt with added lace on the bottom seam to make a fancy bag for my bathroom that held my curlers. The pocket held my bobby pins and pics for the rollers.
  • A pretty one for the kitchen for a bag holder.

And lots more, anything that needs keeping needs a handy place to go. The shirt bags take about 20 minutes to make (even hand sewing them) and can be hung anywhere.

Source: Just something I came up with in the 60's.

By villagecraftsmith from East TN

What a superb idea. I have 2 children and I am always making old t/shirts into dusters. Now I have a much better recycling solution. Ta muchly!

Hey! What a smart idea! Hope your done with those pantyhose though? hahah. they can stuff a pillow or a kids toy etc. I do like this idea. I've been cutting up old t-shirts to use for rags etc to clean. Now I can have something to store them in instead of a empty cat litter pail (the ones you buy new litter in with the double lid).

Great idea.

Cheers,

Loose ball of cut up t-shirts for crafting.
Crafts Using Recycled T-Shirts
Crafts Recycled CraftsNovember 23, 2009
Uses for Old T-Shirts, Mass of brightly colored clothing.
Uses for Old T-Shirts
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎉
🎄