Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

T-Shirt to Storage Bag

Back in the 60's, I saved all my pantyhose for crafts or wearing with pants. I decided I needed some way to keep them and ended up making an old shirt into a storage bag.

I sewed the bottom of the shirt, cut off the sleeves and sewed up the armholes and hung it on a nice hanger. It went on the inside of my closet door and all of the hose that came out of the laundry were tucked into the neck hole.

Over the years I have used this idea several ways:

• Football jersey to hang in my son's bathroom for his dirty clothes.

• Child's shirt with added lace on the bottom seam to make a fancy bag for my bathroom that held my curlers. The pocket held my bobby pins and pics for the rollers.
  • A pretty one for the kitchen for a bag holder.

And lots more, anything that needs keeping needs a handy place to go. The shirt bags take about 20 minutes to make (even hand sewing them) and can be hung anywhere.

Source: Just something I came up with in the 60's.

By villagecraftsmith from East TN

Recent Feedback

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Brenda J. Moore [1]04/07/2011

Hey! What a smart idea! Hope your done with those pantyhose though? hahah. they can stuff a pillow or a kids toy etc. I do like this idea. I've been cutting up old t-shirts to use for rags etc to clean. Now I can have something to store them in instead of a empty cat litter pail (the ones you buy new litter in with the double lid).
Great idea.
Cheers,

By nutsie11/25/2009

What a superb idea. I have 2 children and I am always making old t/shirts into dusters. Now I have a much better recycling solution. Ta muchly!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to post feedback.