Keeping Mosquitoes Away

Other than a citronella plant what can be used to keep mosquitoes away from humans and pets while sitting outside?

By Colfax from TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

We put a bug zapper at the back of our yard. It has a holder for mosquito lure (it's called Nosquito). It seems to help a lot. Normally, once mosquito season gets rolling, I can't go out in the evening without getting eaten up, but it has been much better since we started using the zapper with the lure. If you go that route, pick the location carefully; you don't want to place it so that you're in the path of the mosquitoes while they're on their way to the lure!

Encourage bats. They are really wonderful. Bat houses available sometimes from fish and wildlife. Rid yard of standing water. That includes rain gutters. I have a natural spring that makes a small pool. I have goldfish to eat the larvae. Guppies would freeze in the winter and besides they are not good should they enter the wild river somehow. They would eat the eggs of spawning fish because they will eat anything they can. Goldfish do beautifully.

I read a post recently that if you spray Listerine around your area it will keep them away. I have not tried it, but thought I would if I am bothered by mosquitoes

Mosquito on someone's skin.
Repelling Mosquitoes
Home and Garden Pest Control MosquitoesMay 19, 2011
Citronella bucket candle
Using Citronella to Repel Mosquitoes
backyard pond
Keeping Mosquitoes Out of a Pond
Homemade Mint and Geranium Sprays
Homemade Herbal Insect Repellent Sprays
Mosquito Ready to Bite
Controlling Mosquitoes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 12:22:36 PM on 10.0.0.113 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.