Newspaper for Refrigerator Odors

Free your refrigerator from odors by placing a folded section of your newspaper on a shelf for five minutes. The newspaper absorbs all the odors and doesn't cost anything.

By Sherry

This works ok because of the carbon in the ink. For really great odor absorber, I really recommend a product called Fridge IT activated carbon odor absorbers.. I've been using for years and it really works great. I usually just buy on line at

I found that by using folded/cut sheets of newspaper as shelf liners that there are absolutely no odors, no moisture build-up, and I can just throw away the paper and replace whenever I want. No more scrubbing shelves to clean spills and goo. Vegetables and fruits last longer, and who cares if it looks a bit odd?

Photo of a woman holding her nose in front of her refrigerator.
Removing Spoiled Food Odors from Refrigerator
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsMarch 2, 2004
Plastic Newspaper Bag
Uses for Plastic Newspaper Bags
Woman holding nose while standing in front of open refrigerator door
Cleaning Rotten Meat Odors from a Refrigerator
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line