Cleaning Burners on a Gas Stove

How do I clean the burners on a gas stove?

By Donna from West Haven, CT

Every gas stove I've ever seen (to be fair, not that many because gas scares the heck out of me) had lift off burners that could be soaked in the sink and then replaced on the stovetop. Look at your burners to see if there is a hinged looking thing on any of them, sometimes you have to push the cool burner in and then pull up-yours may be different so just have a look. You can also Google the name and model number of your range to get the owner manual (usually free to download); read through the manual to see what the manufacturer suggests.

If yours are the removable metal kind, see if you can 'google' your stove brand, to find the manufacturer site, for recommended cleaning.

Mine are like cast iron, but don't rust, so I either put them in the dishwasher, or spray with oven cleaner, then scrub with a wire brush to get the burnt on stuff off. Good luck to you!

Blue flame on gas stove burner
Cleaning the Burners on a Gas Stove
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesAugust 3, 2011
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Electric Stove Burner
Electric Stove Burners Not Working
Cleaning Electric Stove Burners
Cleaning Electric Stove Burners
Gas Stove Burner
Repairing Gas Stove Burners