Cleaning a Suede Jacket

Where can I find cheap cleaning items for leather and suede jackets? I need to remove stinky smells and stubborn dirt and dust on my suede jacket?

By ninotchka from Manila, Philippines

Best Answer

I have had good luck with washing them. Use a gentle soap for delicates. I do NOT scrub, but allow the coat to soak in luke warm water and then gently swish about in the water. Next rinse, then rinse again and again until the water is soap free. Hang and/or block like a fine sweater until almost dry, but not completely. Then into the clothes dryer with dryer balls and set dryer to air dry--NO HEAT. This is soften the leather. As soon as the garment is soft, remove and hand to completely dry away from heat. I have used this on heavy winter coats with success. Good luck, and remember, no heat.

I have a black suede jacket with black leather lining inside how do you wash it help.

You cannot wash suede, it will be ruined. I would take it to a dry cleaner that specializes in leather care. I had a wool jacket that had a suede collar. I took it to a dry cleaner but not one who worked with leather and they returned it discolored.

You might want to submit a question on the site to see what answers you might get. Very few people will see your question on this old post.

Thanks so much! Worked for my jacket. Looks so much better now. Like the tip for putting in dryer to soften it up - hadn't read that anywhere else!

Camel colored suede jacket with fringe
Cleaning a Suede Jacket
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherSeptember 15, 2009
Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
Blue Suede Couch in Carpeted  Living Room
Cleaning Suede
Suede Jacket
Cleaning Stains on Suede Clothing
Suede Boots
Cleaning Suede Boots