Bologna Snake

To add a touch of fun to the traditional bologna sandwich, I showed my boys how to make bologna snakes. A table knife is sharp enough for the task, yet safe for kids to use.

Lay the slice of bologna on a cutting board. Starting in the center of the slice, cut a rounded "head," then continue cutting in concentric circles until you get to the edge.

Carefully pick up the "snake" and watch it uncoil. My boys liked for me to fry theirs after they had cut them. These "snakes" are good on a sandwich, but are even more fun to eat by holding them above your head and eating the "uncoiled snake."

*This food trick is for having fun and forgetting table manners for a little while.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

This is such a cute way to get kids to eat. The idea of making food fun to eat is brilliant! Thanks for the post!

That is a darling idea - wish I had known about it when my boys were young - they would have loved it! Thanks for aharing and God bless you.

Sliced Bologna on Round Cutting Board
Recipes Using Bologna
Parenting General Parenting The Family KitchenJuly 27, 2008
crochet snake
Making a Crochet Snake
Black and White Eastern Kingsnake
Kingsnake Information and Photos
copperhead snake
What Kind of Snake is This?
Caring For a Pet Snake, Snake on a person's hand.
Caring For a Pet Snake
🎄
🍂