Rinse Oil Containers in Bath Water

When you empty out containers of cooking oils, lotions, creams, etc., don't throw them away. I keep mine and when I have several, I put water in them and rinse out in my bath water. You get everything out of them and your skin will thank you afterward. You won't even need to lotion up after bathing. Then you can use the bottles for other things or recycling. I keep mine for homemade lotions, bath syrups, body oils, and other skin potions. I like to take the natural route, and it's easy to make your own.

By Tricia from Ridgeway, VA

Kate if you are using raw milk it could be a physical health issue. But if you are using pasteurized milk it is a recipe issue. This the recipe I use [Courtesy of Alton Brown.]

1 quart 2%milk

1/2 cup powered milk

1 to 2 Tablespoons honey

1/2 cup plain un flavored yogurt [room temp.]

Directions: Pour milk into a small sauce pan and whisk in powdered milk and honey. Place over medium heat, using a thermometer heat milk to120* Upon reaching 120 F remove from heat pour into a cylindrical plastic container reserving 1/2 cup. Whisk in the reserved 1/2 cup into the yogurt and add to the milk mixture.[ferment for 3 to12 hours making sure the temperature stays as close to 115 F as possible.

Kate I don't have a yogurt machine so I just wrap the plastic container in a heating pad set on medium and place in an old ice cream maker bucket. If using a yogurt machine I would think you would pour the mixture into the machine where I pour it into the plastic container. I hope I have been of some help to you. Jim B

Health & Beauty BeautyAugust 13, 2010
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Homemade Rinse Agent Recipes
Lilac Bubble Bath
Lilac Bubble Bath
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Saving Money on Rinse Agent
🎄
🍂