Removing Ink from Walls

My 2 year old marked up all the walls in the apartment with pen and permanent marker. How do I remove it from flat painted walls?

By Ashley from WalledLake, MI

Short of replacing the walls you won't remove them, but you can paint over them. Most paints will simply bleed through so use a product called "Killz". Use it like you would any primer..paint over the effected areas with killz then when it dries paint as usual. Killz is available almost anywhere that normal house paint is sold.. It's kind of expensive, but sure beats 40 coats of normal paint.

That's the only and the best solution.

You may need to go over the wall with Kilz more than once in the marked areas. We painted wood paneling and it needed three coats to cover the dark lines in the panels, so don't give up. As YeahYeah stated, "It's kind of expensive, but sure beats 40 coats of normal paint."

Before painting try a regular pencil eraser. The kind that we're all familiar with that are the pink color block type not attached to a pencil. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but it's worth the try ;-)

Try spraying the ink with hairspray. This has worked for me some times! HTH Mary Lou

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It works.

No the magic erase doesn't work. I have tried it

To get markers off walls I use toothpaste, it sounds weird but it works. Not sure about pen.

if u hear that vinegar gets pen off walls its true!!!

My 2 year old did it I used Mr clean lemon bleach spray it came right off

Ballpoint Pen
Removing Pen Ink from Walls
Home and Garden Cleaning WallsJanuary 5, 2010
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
cleaning walls
Removing Soot from Walls and Ceiling
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄