8th Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter is turning 8 on 8/8/08 and we'd like to do something special or memorable for the event. Any ideas? She is in to Littlest Pet Shop so we were using that theme, but would like an idea on how to make this birthday especially special.

Nancy from Nokomis, IL

Best Answer

How about a craft party, My daughter and friends made picture frames from craft foam, then take a picture of each child with your daughter so they can have it to go in their frame then take a group photo for your daughter for her frame. Since Littles Pet shop is your theme you can get little pet stickers to add to the frames, The girls will have a ball making them and also have something that isn't candy or sugarry to take home

Best Answer

When I turned 8 my mother made me a figure 8 birthday cake. Just get two round cakes and use a

glass or bowl to make a circle in the center of the cakes. (frozen cakes cut well) Cut out the centers of the cakes. Put the two hollow circles together to form a figure 8. You may want to trim a little bit off the sides of the cakes to make the circles join up better. Then frost the figure 8. Since your child's birthday is on 8/8/08 you could make three 8 cakes.

Best Answer

My husband and I purchased a set of twelve colorful plates, bowls and cups at our local IKEA store. It cost about $15 and we use it at every birthday party for each of our children. It saves us about $50 worth of throwaway themed party items. No one even notices that they are gone and the money goes to better use.

I used to cook for parties but found that buying cheese pizzas at the local pizza parlor ended up cheaper in the end and the kids ate more. I also learned how to make an ice cream cake from a friend. Buy several containers of whatever is on sale and several packages of generic oreos or any other type of cookie. Melt the ice cream slightly and spread in your lasagna pan. Crush cookies in a bag (I don't have a food processor) and layer them. Freeze. Repeat until full. Then dip the bottom in a warm sink to loosen and flip over onto a foil covered cookie sheet. Freeze. Cover in cool whip. Freeze.

It takes a little time but it is small chunks of five minutes or so an can be done weeks in advance. It also costs around $10 which is better than any grocery store, bakery or wal-mart even. And the guests love it!

My daughter is also turning 8 on 8/8/08 and we're doing an "8" theme. I 'm making a 8 cake with the two round pans(like the other person on here commented) and I'm going crazy with "8"! Go to a party store and get ideas for favors and decor, etc. They usually have pretty cool candles and things. Do the unordinary: games, bobbing for apples.

That is my son's birthday also. I am using magic 8 balls for party favors and a local graphics place is making vinyl stickers to go on them with his name, happy 8th birthday, 8-8-08

What type of suggestion or ideas would you give me about my son that is turning 8 years old and 3 months March 11th 09

I have been doing a lot of research on the "8" since I am having an 8-8-08 wedding. I have found a lot of info and ideas online just by searching google for the significance of 8 in chinese culture.

One thing I am doing that you could do for a kids party is give fortune cookies as favors. You could even get fancy and decorate them with colored melting chocolates and sprinkles. You can order them cheap in bulk from orientaltradingcompany.com

My grandson is also turning 8 on 08.08.08 and we are having his party at my house. We are lucky to have woods and a creek in the back yard and we are going to hike in the woods and bring butterfly nets to catch (and release) what they find. Then we are going to have a fire in the fire pit and roast hot dogs and marshmallows. Cup cakes with eight items on each (m&ms gumdrops etc..) and ice cream cones. Low cost and kids love nature!! All outside = no mess inside!

I need birthday party ideas for a 8 year old girl. The theme is make up and hair.

I think you should go to Pizza Hut or McDonald's then go shopping with her birthday money with a few friends then go bowling then pick 1 friend to go back 2 your house to watch a movie.

June 14, 2008 Flag

I have run out of party ideas for my daughter's upcoming 8th birthday party in February. Some of the parties given previously include Build-A-Bear Workshop, Diva Party, Jumping/Rock Wall Climbing Party, and Celebration Station. Some of the activities that she is involved in are Tae Kwon Do, Sports (basketball, soccer, swimming and volleyball), Dancing, and Singing. She really wants a party but something different.

KDee from Houston, Texas

Answers:

8th Birthday Party Ideas

I saw an article in Family Fun magazine a couple of months ago that had a beauty sleepover diva theme. When the parents droped off the kids, they had a red carpet leading into the house, (with "paparazzi" taking photos), a makeover, did hair & nails, etc. They made sleeping masks, had a sunglass cake, lots of fun ideas. Try checking their website to see if they have the info there if it sounds fun. I am planning to do something like this for my daughter's 7th in April. (01/08/2007)

By MaryKayScrap

8th Birthday Party Ideas

Check with your local dance studios to see if they do parties. My daughter's dance studio puts on birthday parties for a reasonable fee. They do most of the work providing the entertainment and pizza; you provide the guests, cake, and party favors. (01/08/2007)

By mom2three

8th Birthday Party Ideas

My granddaughter is turning 8 in Feb also. They have booked a local Gymnastics place for the party. I'm not sure what is included, but they will be the only party there. They are allowed to use the stuff in there such as the trampoline, etc. She has been to parties there before and loved it. Her sister will be 4 at the same time, so they are combining both parties to save money. (01/09/2007)

By Memere

8th Birthday Party Ideas

Check with a local Y. We have one with a pool that has parites. Or gymnastics parties at the Y. . (01/09/2007)

By Cindy

8th Birthday Party Ideas

You could have a 'sock hop' or dance complete with DJ and a dance contest. I LOVE the paparazzi taking photos idea. My sister in Oregon did a sleep over for both boys and girls. When it was 'bed time' she stayed in the house overnight with the girls and her husband stayed in the barn with the boys. (no one slept) The kids all loved it and the party continued for a couple of hours in the morning complete with a country breakfast and games until the parents picked up their children. (01/10/2007)

By brdldy

8th Birthday Party Ideas

BOWLING! I did this last year for a co-ed party. It seemed dumb and outdated... but most likely the kids you are inviting have never experienced bowling like we have. AMF bowling gives you invitations, party bags and thank you cards. They also have a party host assigned to you and they keep the party on track!! 1 hour of bowling, 1 hour in the party room ( for pizza/chicken nuggets, drinks, and cake) take the presents home and voila... GREAT EASY PARTY! I even pre-signed the thank you cards and put them in the favor bags. Excellent time saver! (02/07/2007)

By Wonder_woman

8th Birthday Party Ideas

Just take them to the closest swimming pool! FUN! Trust me, That's what we did with my 8 yr old! They LOVED it! (06/06/2007)

By Jill

8th Birthday Party Ideas

I am now in the process of planning my daughter's 8th birthday party. It's going to be a Ice Cream Sundae Party with lots of toppings. Also one of the games we will be playing is a PARTY game (like Bingo). Hope this helps. (09/26/2007)

8th Birthday Party Ideas

Take them to the spa or do mini manicures and hair at home the girls will love this. You can also tie it into a sleep over.
(10/11/2007)

By Dianne

8th Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter's 8th birthday party was a success. She and her best friend from school (born one day apart) held their party together again this year. I referenced the Family Fun magazine online and we did a sleepover Hollywood Starlette theme.

We had the red carpet leading into the house and a close friend video taped while my husband and my daughter's Godparents took photos of the girls as they walked down the red carpet. All decoration was purchased from Party City. My niece did make-up and a friend did hand and foot massages. The girls made "message in a bottle" necklaces (purchased from Party City).

My mother made her famous chicken salad sandwiches, grilled cheese and PB & J sandwiches. The sandwiches were cut in the shape of stars. Fresh fruit and veggies were available all evening for the girls.

What's a party without a pinata? Found a Hollywood Director's Scene/Shoot card pinata at Party City. We hung it in the garage since it was actually cold that night in Houston. The other child's mom bought Bratz cupcakes since both girls are huge Bratz fans. Popcorn and a couple of movies to top it off. The girls had pancakes for breakfast.

The timing was perfect. We asked the girls to start arriving by 5PM which allowed time to have some daylight photography. By 9PM the girls were in their PJs and most had fallen off to sleep during the second movie (with the exception of my child who was determined to stay up past midnight). Pick-up time was by 9AM unless the child was attending church with us. It is eight months later and my daughter is still telling my husband and I that it was her best birthday ever. Next year she wants another sleepover but with a disco theme.

Family Fun magazine is great. I ended up getting a subscription and it is well worth it! (10/14/2007)

By KDee from Houston, Texas

8th Birthday Party Ideas

Rent a rec hall and have a basketball game; make shirts for the kids with their names and the birthday girl's can be special like "#1 birthday girl" with her name as well. Divide up the teams boy-girl if you have an even ratio. Or find access to a kareoke machine and have a "karaoke night" party and let the kids dress up. (01/13/2008)

By iBroke

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
8th Birthday Party
8th Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJune 14, 2008
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
12th Birthday Party
12th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
Red Carpet
Red Carpet Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄