Other Uses for a Rice Cooker

I am looking for other uses for rice cooker.

Daphne from Aust.

You can put some water (maybe about 1/2 inch?) in the bottom and put cut up potatoes or sweet potatoes in and cook them

Cantate in Japan

a good way to make 5 bucks at a garage sale!

You can cook frozen vegetables that come out nice and steamed like chineese restaurants just add vegetablesand a 1/2 cup (4 oz) hot water, stir and add oyster sauce to taste after about 10 min. let cook till done.

I also cooked my fried rice right in the cooker too.

Wait till rice is about half done ( water is boiling) then add asian soy sauce (Pad Thai PASTE also works) and 1-2 eggs hole and mix together and let finish cooking. I like mine hot so I add fresh red asian peppers during cooking.

Any thing else you like to add also works at the halfway done point. shrimp, mushrooms, baby bamboo, veges, pre cooked chicken etc.

You can cook frozen veetables that come out nice and steamed like chineese restaurants just add a 1/2 cup (4 oz) hot water, stir and add oyster sauce to taste after about 10 min. let cook till done.

Wait till rice is about half done ( water is boiling) then add asian soy sauce (Pad Thai PASTE also works) and 1-2 eggs hole and mix together and let finish cooking. I like mine hot so I add fresh red hot peppers during cooking.

Doggy

Keep gravy, soup, stews and barbeque gently warm. You can unplug it, set it right on the table with a deep serving spoon. Use to warm beans, canned veggies if you are short on stove space. It doesn't damage nutrients like the microwave does.

Most regular sized rice cookers also come with a steam basket or two. I steam vegies when I need a lot, works like a charm! I too have also used it to keep soup warm. Crock pots are great but they are heavy, rice cookers are much lighter, work like a charm also!

If you have the steamer basket, it works GREAT for steaming shrimp or crab legs! We buy seafood when it is on sale and put it in the rice steamer basket and sprinkle with seafood seasoning (Old Bay). Steam for 10 minutes or so!

It's GREAT!

great ideas

used it the other nite when I had guests as a soup heater

thankyou all for great thinking

I steamed diced potatoes in my rice cooker tonight. They were delicious. I put water in the bottom insert, placed the steamer on it with the potatoes in the steamer and covered.

Another use for rice cooker is to buy a box of scalloped potatoes (dehydrated potatoes and powdered sauce. Mix ingredients, water milk, margarine, potato mix and topping mix and cook. Mine turned out fine. Enjoy, Rudy

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsJanuary 10, 2007
Pressure Cooker on White Background
Using A Pressure Cooker
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
A plate of cooked brown rice.
Cooking Brown Rice in a Rice Cooker
🎄