Bridesmaid Dresses

I would like a candle light ceremony and reception. My linens are ivory and gold. Ivory plates, light pink rose petals, with candle centerpieces. My mother's dress is auburn, brownish orange. It's a Spring wedding. What would look good for my bridesmaid dresses? My matron of honor just told me she is pregnant. I need advice on colors and material, for total of 3 girls.

Kayla

How about a pretty shade of sage? It compliments all of those colors. And since it is spring, it should be a flowing material.

How about a celdon (light pastel color of green) Similiar color of the sage dress pictured. Or you could go with a lavender.

Try a light colored teal....Good luck and congrats to you

I'm thinking you need a warmer color since you are using gold for an accent. An apricot color with pink undertones (some have yellow or orange undertones) would look nice with both the mother's dress and the lt. pink rose petals. Apricot chiffon over lightweight pink taffeta lining (sounds weird, but looks beautiful, try it in the store!) would be soft and drapes beautifully. If there are sleeves, they should be unlined. Or there could be butterfly sleeves since it may be a warm spring day. If you don't like the two layer idea, there are lots of soft, drapey fabrics in the bridal sections of any fabric store. Happy Wedding!

YOu don't say how pregnant the mom will be by then, that could be your deciding factor on color and style. Unless you have each one a different style and color, just slightly similar.

My own wedding (1974) brides and grooms back then furnished the wedding wear. Anyway, I had coordinated girls' fabrics and colors with the groom's attendants shirts--my mom sent the wrong fabrics to the wrong girls. Thank heavens it all looked good anyway.

"back then" it was really lame NOT to be able to sew your own wedding wear. Now, home sewing seems to be a speciality. (Even my 5 yr old granddaughter's knee patches on her pants are envied by her friends.)

A bride and bridesmaids.
Saving Money on Bridesmaid Dresses
Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceOctober 19, 2007
Bride wearing her wedding dress.
Why Do We Keep Our Wedding Dresses?
A woman wearing a homemade bridesmaid dress.
Making Homemade Bridesmaids Dresses
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
A woman wearing a wedding dress with red stockings.
Picking Tights or Stocking Color For Wedding
🎉
🎄