KitchenAid Icemaker Only Makes Ice Sometimes

The icemaker in my KitchenAid refrigerator model KSSC48QMS00, makes ice sometime and sometimes it doesn't. I have changed the ice maker and still have the problem. What can I do? Thank you.

By Floriberto R.

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have the same problem. But I started noticing the ice cream wasn't frozen as well as it should have been either, sometimes it was, sometimes it wasn't. Then I noticed I wasn't hearing the frig cut off or on anymore. My frig is old, so I'm having a new one delivered tomorrow. You didn't say how old yours is. Repairmen are so expensive, $180 just to come out. The refrigerator section works fine, just the freezer compartment not working right. Don't want to even keep it in the basement for drinks, maybe it's running all the time trying to "freeze" stuff and running up my electric bill. I bought a new one at Home Depot for $699.97 total including delivery, set up, installing the ice maker, and hauling off the old one. Not fancy, just like the old one.

Refrigerator
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Not Making Ice
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Ice MachinesJuly 22, 2011
Icemaker Ice
Icemaker Not Dumping Ice
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
fridge
Icemaker Overfills the Ice Bin
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 12:38:00 PM on 10.0.1.122 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.