Ice MachinesAppliances

KitchenAid Icemaker Only Makes Ice Sometimes

Category Ice Machines

The icemaker in my KitchenAid refrigerator model KSSC48QMS00, makes ice sometime and sometimes it doesn't. I have changed the ice maker and still have the problem. What can I do? Thank you.

By Floriberto R.

Answers

I have the same problem. But I started noticing the ice cream wasn't frozen as well as it should have been either, sometimes it was, sometimes it wasn't. Then I noticed I wasn't hearing the frig cut off or on anymore. My frig is old, so I'm having a new one delivered tomorrow. You didn't say how old yours is. Repairmen are so expensive, $180 just to come out. The refrigerator section works fine, just the freezer compartment not working right. Don't want to even keep it in the basement for drinks, maybe it's running all the time trying to "freeze" stuff and running up my electric bill. I bought a new one at Home Depot for $699.97 total including delivery, set up, installing the ice maker, and hauling off the old one. Not fancy, just like the old one.