Crafts Using Coiled Notebook Binding

Does anyone have a craft using the coiled spine of a notebook or theme book?

By Namepo

The only thing I could think of is maybe cutting out rings and making some chainmail. But it would take a ton of notebook spines to make anything major.

Here is a site with some patterns,

I expect lengths of the coils would make some great-looking "crazy" antennae for crafty bugs, or would maybe make interesting ringlets for a doll... but you might want to dab a spot of good old Elmer's glue or something on the tips to prevent anyone handling them from getting poked. Of course, you'd need a pair of wire cutters to cut the coils, too.

Oh, yes - I thought of something else. Depending on the size of the doll house, someone could make traditional (old-fashioned) land-line doll-house telephone coils from these.

Given time and patience (and a bit of elbow grease,) the coil could also be straightened. Then you'd have a nice length of plain, light-gauge wire. I can't think of the name of it, but there's a tool specifically for straightening wire. Being thrifty and lacking the proper tool, I'd just find a brick, block or metal piece (like a bolt with a very small hole,) start the coil through, and watch the wire straighten as it passed through the small hole.

Use it for crazy hair on a craft project; just cut it to shorter lengths.

Crafts Recycled CraftsApril 24, 2009
A worn and torn binding of a hard cover book.
Repairing a Book's Binding
Up close photo of quilt binding.
Binding a Quilt
Homemade Notebook
Homemade Notebook Crafts
purple hued coiled rag bowl on white background
Making a Coiled Rag Bowl