House Training a Six Week Old Puppy

I have a beautiful six week old Pit Bull puppy, it lives with us in the house. The problem is that it poos everywhere it likes in the house. My dog does not like to poo outside. Please help. How do I teach my dog not to poo inside the house?

By Archie T from South Africa

I'm the proud momma of two 6yr old pits myself and I had double the poop. lol. Well I would catch them by the scruff and put their nose right in front of it and say no, no and after a few times they would get a pop on the rear with a newspaper, but then I'd take the poop and them and put it on the training pad by the door and make them sit there for a minute. And also you can take the poop outside and put it in the yard where you want them to go outside. I know its gross hauling poop around but hey its little piles now lol wait til he is 6 yrs old! And I just did the same thing with the paper towel with the peepee on it! Good Luck!

Please call your Veterinarian for any advice. Your puppy is now ready for his first round of vaccines. Please do not hit your puppy or use anything to hit him. Hitting him will make him lose any trust, confidence & love that he will have for you and might even make him aggressive as he will want to defend himself if he is hit.

Good luck with your new fur baby.

A six week old puppy should still be with it's mother until eight weeks of age. Have you considered taking puppy out in to the back-yard on a regular basis during the day especially after meals? Dogs can not "think back" so punishment is useless and unless you are prepared to realize puppy is like having a baby in the house why did you have it in the first place. Good luck you don't need to be a Rocket Scientist to train a Dog.

House Training a Puppy, Photo of a labrador retriever puppy.
House Training a Puppy
Pets Dogs House TrainingJuly 6, 2011
House Training a Pit Bull
House Training a Pit Bull Puppy
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy
5 Week Old Chihuahua Puppy
Training a 5 Week Old Puppy
Six Can Soup
Six Can Soup Recipes