Personalized Photo Albums For Grandchildren

I am looking for a simple (quick and inexpensive) project to make as Christmas gifts for my 12 grandchildren, ages 5 to 23. I am wanting to do something with the digital pictures that I have of them from over the last few years.

Thought I would make small albums from what I have, and then add to them as I get more pictures. Also as I can get around to scanning the prints that I have from years back. Any ideas about how this could go? How to organize? How to keep it from being overwhelming, and yet personalize it for each one? Any other ideas?

wondernana from Clovis, CA

Make them a pillow of themselves. You can put any fabric through an inkjet printer by ironing it to freezer paper. Make sure to first wash it to remove any sizing. OR you can buy the fabric that's made for printing in packages or banner rolls at any fabric or craft store. They sell silk as well as cotton. Then you print their pictures on to the fabric with your inkjet printer, then cut & sew all around their faces or you can sew smaller pictures along with other fabrics into a quilted throw pillow. You could even make totes with their pictures (or even pictures of their pets) printed on them.

* If you need more details, write me here on ThriftyFun.

Hi,

I have been working on typing up old family recipes to preserve and found this wonderful website smilebox.com You go in there and choose what project you would like to do (postcards, scrap booking, photo album, recipe cards etc) and then you personalize it with your own writing, photos etc. They have so many pages to choose from. That's the hard part. They are all really neat.

Each style you choose will cost you $1.99, but you can use it over and over as many times as you want. I think they also have a plan where you can join for a year for like $39.95 and have unlimited usage. When I complete a page, it runs me through a print sequence where you pick your size. I print off my recipe cards, and then I laminate them. I bought a Scotch laminator at Wal Mart for $25, and it works like a dream. They sell laminating pouches, 3x5. 4x6, and 8 1/2 x 11. You could laminate you pages to preserve them before you put them in their albums. Hope this helps!

You can type Scrapbooking in your search engine and many sites will come up that will give you ideas and suggestions as how to do different things with photos and notes in your words to describe a happening, or day you spent together. Don't worry about doing anything wrong, your grandchildren will love what comes from your heart, and your gift will be a treasure.

This is an idea I used one year to make a gift for my parents. They have 13 grandchildren. This would work for your grandkids as well. Put each photo on a play block then paint it with hodge podge or another glue that dries clear. They have lasted for years and are a favorite toy of the younger grandkids! Very cute. I put them in a wooden tool box my son made and we painted "Grandpa and Grandpa.. you build us up!"

You could put them on refrigerator magnets too.

Holidays and Parties Gifts ChristmasOctober 15, 2008
Photos Glued in Photo album
Removing Glued on Photos
family photos
Making a Photo Calendar
Uses for Photo Albums
Alternative Uses for Photo Albums
🎄
🍂