Cover Hot Handle With Oven Mitt

Some recipes we use call for browning meat in a pan and then putting the pan in the oven to let the meat finish cooking. Whenever I use a pan with a long handle, the same problem occurs: When the meat is finished cooking, I almost always forget the handle is extremely hot and I end up touching it as I finish the meal preparations. As a solution, whenever I take the pan out, I put an oven mitt over the handle. No more burns on hands, fingers or arms, or on anyone else who happens to be helping out.

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

And, how long did it take you learn this?

I had a similar problem with my cast-iron skillet. I finally sewed a potholder (square one) into a rectangle, and slipped it over the handle of the skillet. I just leave it on the skillet handle so I don't have to hunt for it!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsDecember 9, 2010
Heart Shaped Pot Mitt, Heart shaped pot or oven mitts.
Heart Shaped Pot Mitt
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub