Chocolate covered cherries are a delicious gift to give your sweetheart for Valentine's day. This simple recipe allows you to make them yourself.
- maraschino cherries
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups marshmallow creme
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- dash salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 small pkg. chocolate chips
- 1/16 lb. paraffin
- Drain maraschino cherries about 1 hour before covering.
- Mix remaining filling ingredients in a bowl and place in refrigerator until firm. If mixture is sticky; add powdered sugar.
- Melt coating ingredients over double boiler and keep over water while dipping.
Once firm, remove filling from refrigerator. Make a small patty, place a maraschino cherry in the center, and roll into a ball. Chill until firm.
- Dip covered cherries in chocolate, using a toothpick.
Note: Paraffin wax comes in 1 lb. package. Each pound has 4 (1/4 lb.) pieces. Use 1/4 of 1 section. It is also very flammable and can cause burns if it gets on your skin.
Servings: Makes about 24 covered cherries
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 24, 2017 at 2:11:06 PM on 10.0.2.159 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us