Tips on Getting Kalanchoe to Bloom

I need tips on getting kalanchoe to bloom? I started a kalanchoe plant from a cutting this past winter. The plant is huge and beautiful, but it has yet to bloom. The last time I started cuttings, I got blooms in a few months after they rooted. Any suggestions?

Heather from Brownsburg, IN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If you have a fish tank or know anyone who does- use some of the dirty water from routine cleanings. "fish manure" is awesome for those stubborn plants.

My Klanchoe is planted outside and blooms later this fall, every year. I live in Algoma, WI by Lake Michigan. It loves the cold winter and weathers well.

It can be separated in spring and will grow just about anywhere.

I have made many plants out of one.

Hope this helps.

Dorie

Kalanchoe
Growing Kalanchoe
Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsAugust 30, 2007
Pink Christmas Cactus
Getting a Christmas Cactus to Bloom
Japanese Anemone
Flowers That Bloom in October
Forcing Hyacinth Bulbs
Forcing Hyacinth Bulbs
Hibiscus Flower
Getting Hibiscus Flowers to Bloom
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 12:45:00 PM on 10.0.0.113 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.