Cat Peeing on Furniture

Please help with my male cat. He is fixed and he just got over a blocked pee pee, he had a catheter in for 4 days. It came out Saturday and he was fine but last night he peed on every piece of furniture we own. Please help me.

Lisa from Croydon, PA

He may have a urinary tract infection. Thsi is not uncommon and is caused from bacteria getting in via the catheter. It may also be just a behavior due to his having been ill, etc. Check vet for a UA.

Back to the vet with him, pronto! That's how we found out our cat had a problem to begin with. He was peeing all over the floor and whining. *It also had blood in it.* We had to pay to get all of his "plumbing" totally reworked.

You should never feed your cats only dried cat food. Mix it with some canned food. The dried cat food is the culprit causing the problem here. Fortunately for us, the surgery worked and we didn't have to put our big boy down. Good luck with your kitty.

Remember that many cats insist on "marking" their territory, especially if gone a while. This is the one disadvantage in owning a male, who is especially bad to do that and has stronger odor than females who might do it as well. Males are typically larger cats as well, so there's more fluid to dispurse. I know of no other thing you can do to help this situation than to have the cat neutered. It helps them to calm down, I hear. Check with Jerry Baker.com, for how to clean cat pee off things. I remember reading a helpful hint recentlyi but can't remember the formula. I believe he also had a good suggestion as to how to discourage this behavior with some sort of spray tonic, at least for the outdoors, but I don't believe it was for the indoors. God bless and help you. : )

Sorry, I failed to read that this cat is fixed. Keep trying until you find those helps for cleaning, but ask the Vet about the spraying, too.

I clean all types of upholstery and have cleaned many cat urine, spray, vomit, feces. It is not easy, but if you have a certified upholstery & odor control service in your area, I highly recommend you use them. If the process is done right you'll have your furniture back to pre-lost condition.

Back to your cat issues, there are usually several problems that could be going on here. If you have brought in another animal or scent into your home, bad behavior, illness due to urinary track infection, if the animal is left for long periods of time or had been locked in that room. Is there a new born baby in the home? Animals get jealous if you disrupt there comfort zone. These all can relate to aggression habits and can go on forever, so be prepared for the journey.

Pets CatsApril 12, 2007
Dog Standing on Carpet
Preventing a Dog From Peeing on Carpet and Rugs
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
🎄