Getting Rid of Sugar Ants in the Kitchen

I have had this problem with ants being in my room and in my kitchen. About a year ago I woke up to thousands of ants (sugar ants) in my bed and biting me all over! I just now got bit twice by another one of these tiny black ants. I'm just wondering how to get rid of them when they are in my carpet and just all over the house.

Also I'm wondering why it swells up so much when I get bit? Each bite is about the size of a quarter and it burns like I just got stung by poison ivy! I need to get rid of them!

By Annonymus from Manti, UT

Mix and warm just a little about 10% 20 mule team Borax in light Karo syrup. Squeeze bottle---squirt in cracks and hidden areas pets and others will not lick. If animals get enough it gives them a tummyache. Ants will eat this syrup and take it back to queen and nest. Kills the colony. Queens can live up to 20 years and produce many more queens. Let the workers eat and carry away. It takes a few days.

I think if you have thousands of ants in your bed, it is time to call an exterminator. This has gone way beyond home remedies.

photo of ants eating a scrap of onion
Getting Rid of Ants in the Kitchen
Home and Garden Pest Control AntsJuly 28, 2011
Pour cereal into a bowl
Ants in Stored Cereal
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
A line of ants on a white background.
Using Talcum Powder to Deter Ants
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 27, 2017 at 8:01:05 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.