AntsPest Control

Getting Rid of Sugar Ants in the Kitchen

Category Ants

I have had this problem with ants being in my room and in my kitchen. About a year ago I woke up to thousands of ants (sugar ants) in my bed and biting me all over! I just now got bit twice by another one of these tiny black ants. I'm just wondering how to get rid of them when they are in my carpet and just all over the house.

Also I'm wondering why it swells up so much when I get bit? Each bite is about the size of a quarter and it burns like I just got stung by poison ivy! I need to get rid of them!

By Annonymus from Manti, UT

Mix and warm just a little about 10% 20 mule team Borax in light Karo syrup. Squeeze bottle---squirt in cracks and hidden areas pets and others will not lick. If animals get enough it gives them a tummyache. Ants will eat this syrup and take it back to queen and nest. Kills the colony. Queens can live up to 20 years and produce many more queens. Let the workers eat and carry away. It takes a few days.

I think if you have thousands of ants in your bed, it is time to call an exterminator. This has gone way beyond home remedies.