Running a Stove Pipe Out The Basement Window

I have a corn stove I was going to hook up in my basement. Someone suggested since my window was broke, why don't I run the pipe out that window. It comes with a wall fitting around the pipe. But I have to hold it in the window. I didn't want to use plywood.

The window is your plain small hole in the foundation in a grey metal frame. The windows pops out easy, so I can then run the pipe up the side of house with proper distance from house and double wall pipe. I also have my walls painted with a fire resistance paint. I'm going to paint around the pipe also. Thank you so much for your time.

So, are there any fireproof fittings, box, or case to put in the window then the pipe?

Robin

Answers

I really don't know what type of stove you have here, but I do think you should check with your house insurance policy before you rig something like this up. It may affect your policy to have a stove such as this, and there may be specific fire regulations regarding chimneys.

Man Remodeling a Basement
Remodeling a Basement
Home and Garden Home Improvement Fireplaces and StovesOctober 29, 2008
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Organized Basement
Organizing and Cleaning the Basement
Bucket catching leak.
Cleaning Up a Water Leak in Basement
🎉
🎄