Adding More Resin to Countertops

I just painted and coated my bathroom countertop according to some of the posts from this site. There are some spots that need more resin because they are too thin. Can I pour it now (24 hrs) or do I have to wait until the hard cure (72 hours)? Thanks.

Elliott from New Hampshire

Yes you can! Lightly sand, clean with alcohol, and pour the next coat (or coats).

Thanks. Sounds good, I'll give it a try!

Can you pour resin on a laminate countertop to get that shiny polished look in the kitchen?

I think you could use resin to get the shiny look. I sanded a formica countertop in my bathroom, primed and painted before I poured the resin. I used a product called SuperGlaze by Parks that had lower VOC's. I think I would lightly sand and then clean with alcohol before I applied the resin. There was another thread that was about doing it for the kitchen and it had lasted for years. Good-luck.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceNovember 20, 2008
A nice kitchen with granite countertops and white cabinets.
Coordinating Granite Countertops With Kitchen Cabinets
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Adding Raw Food To Your Diet
Cleaning Resin Furniture
Cleaning Resin Furniture
🎄
🍂