Using Credit Cards Online

When using a credit card online, stick to using only one card and use only for that purpose. You can get one that has a low limit, like 300 dollars. That way if someone gets a hold of it, you do not have a big limit on the card.

By Rosemary from Ludlow Falls Ohio

I NEVER USE CREDIT CARDS ON LINE. YOU ARE STILL OPENING ALL YOUR INFORMATION TO HACKING. WHEN I HAVE ONLINE PURCHASES I BUY A VISA OR MASTERCARD GIFT CARD. IT CAN BE USED ONLINE WITHOUT THE FEAR OF HACKERS GETTING ANY INFO OUT OF IT. I BUY IT AT MY LOCAL STORES ITS ACTIVATED AT TIME OF PURCHASE AND OFF I GO ONLINE SAFE IN THE KNOWLEDGE THAT NO ONE CAN GET MY INFO WITH IT..

Just be careful to not have too many activated credit cards, even if you do not use all of them. Should you need to aquire a loan for a large purchase, available credit lines work against you when they run a credit check in the loan approval process.

Never use a debit card on line.....credit card companies will re pay you for any fraud, but the bank won't on a debit card...and it comes automatically out of your account. Unless you check you account several times a day, it could be used who knows how many times until you notice. penny

i actually use the prepaid master card and visa's. i know it cost to add money to them, but it's alot safer for me because i don't have to worry about someone using my entire credit limit. on prepaid cards you could control how much is stolen if it should happen. i use for all online purchases and never had any problems.

Try requesting a virtual credit card online through your credit card company. Some credit card companies allow this and it is safe for online or phone call purchases. A virtual credit card is good for one purchase only and it will show up as a replacement for your credit card number, the 3 numbers in the back and a different expiration date. No one can duplicate a virtual number.

A woman typing in a credit card number for an online shopping purchase.
Online Shopping Tips
Budget & Finance Credit CardsApril 9, 2008
Shopping Online Without a Credit Card
Shopping Online Without a Credit Card
A computer with a credit card and Christmas decorations.
Shopping for Christmas Presents Online
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
Credit Report on Table
Raising Your Credit Score
🎉
🎄