Mesh Laundry Bag With Baby Shower Gift

contest winner icon

A friend of mine is having her first baby soon, so I have been having a ball knitting and crocheting for the new little one. Now that most everything is made, I have it all set to give her at the shower this weekend.

Included with all the things I made, I printed out a 4x6 card with washing instructions. Then I got to thinking. These tiny dresses, hats, and everything else could very easily get ruined in the spin cycle of the washer. They could also get lost in the dryer (we've all gone through the "lost sock" syndrome, right?). So, I went to the dollar store and picked up a bunch of those mesh laundry bags. On the washing instruction card I said to put a few items in each bag. This way the items are protected and nothing will be lost of destroyed. Even the delicate cycle on the washer can be rough during the spin cycle.

Oh, another thing. As I was making the baby things, I also crocheted a cape for my friend that will come down to elbow length. I remember how cold it gets laying in that hospital bed. Plus those gowns aren't exactly pretty! This will be just enough to keep the chill off her shoulders and arms, and at the same time add a touch of pretty for her too. It'll also be easy to maneuver for breast feeding and anything else she needs to do.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

How lucky that new mom is to have such a clever and thoughtful friend such as you! You sure have good ideas....some that we are wondering "Now, why didn't I think of that!!"

You are the kind of friend everyone needs. Bless you. GG Vi

What a good friend! A little thought goes a long way!

Wonderful and thoughtful idea! Now I'm jealous, wish I'd had a friend like you during my childbearing years! I couldn't knit or crochet to save my life. :P

Woman Receiving Baby Shower Gift
Baby Shower Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Baby ShowerMarch 4, 2011
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Women looking at a baby shower gift
Homemade Baby Shower Gifts
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄