Using Smaller Amounts of Toiletries

A dime sized shampoo works great for me, even when my hair is long, and it saves money too. Just put a dime sized plop of shampoo in your hand, rub it, and spread it over your damp hair, and nope, it does not usually lather in your hair. I don't need much water to rinse it either. I have found that using less shampoo like that, my hair looked great and my shampoo bottle lasts for a very long time.

By Kas from Rockford, MI

I've been using this method for many years. I only have to buy maybe 2-3 bottles of shampoo a year this way and my hair is always squeaky clean! And it doesn't matter if you have very long hair either. Same method works!

I also buy my shampoo at estate sales. The person has passed and many times the shampoos and cleaning products are 25 to 50 cents!

I have an old ice cream tub. I put a spot of shampoo in the bottom add some hot water and mix it together with my fingers it froths almost instantly. I then quickly turn it over and place it tightly on the top of my head. I then move the container around my hair over the sink and wait until it empties. My hair is lathered right away and needs much less rubbing. Try it I have done this for years!

Rich

I find if the shampoo or conditioner is in a small container everyone tends to use much less than if it is in a jumbo economy size. I save the smaller bottles and refill them from the large one I keep in the cupboard. It lasts much longer that way.

You have to try and experiment with how much shampoo is good for you. I tried the dime size and it does not work for my hair. I have thick medium length hair and a dime does not wash all of it. I get from the roots to the end of it. If you do not use enough then your hair is not clean like you think it is. You don't have to go over board with the amount. Also how often do you wash your hair? I was told by an cosmetologist you should not wash your hair every day because it will strip your hair of the natural oils that you need to help your hair. She said every other day or two is good. She explained it more in detail but could not remember exactly what she said but this is the main of it.

That size doesn't work for me either. I guess if you have thin hair that would work great. I have thick corase hiair. I wash it every other day. I have to shampoo it twice to clean it. But I use only a nickel size for the conditoner. Everyone has different hair types and you have to use what works for you.

Saving Money on Toiletries
Saving Money on Toiletries
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips WashingOctober 8, 2009
Acai Berries
Using Acai Berry
Transferring Liquids Into Smaller Containers
An medicine cabinet filled with bottles and other toiletries.
Storing Toiletries
Red Toiletries Bag
Packing a Travel Toiletries Bag
🎄