Uses for Plastic Packaging

I recently purchased some glue on nails at the Dollar Tree. This wonderful little container they came in just stayed in a drawer, determined to be needed until today.

While the battery charger was finishing its work, I thought of this little thing and how handy it would be to let me know if the batteries were charged or needed to be.

Not only can you write on it, but you can hang it up, too!

So, let the games begin!

Ok Fine - I will start

Keep it for Postage Stamps, coupons, hardware, buttons, beads (not too tiny, this opens all the way like a suitcase so it must be on a secure, flat surface), small craft items, jewelry, toothpicks, hair pins, mini tubes for travel, paperclips, mini post-its, and more!

By Poor But Proud from Salem, OR

Great idea, though I discovered by accident if left for any length of time they lose their charge. I love to take pictures and there's been a few times I've gone for my camera only to find the batteries drained and the ones I charged left in the drawer drained as well.

I always have a back up of the normal batteries in case of an emergency. I also did some research on batteries and some definitely last longer than others. There's nothing worse than being on a Greyhound Bus enjoying a CD Book or MP3 player only to have the batteries die. I also read somewhere that it's not good to store a bunch of batteries together.

I do like your idea though and perhaps I just need to purchase better rechargeable batteries.

CaroleeRose, I've heard the nickel-metal-hydride (Ni-MH) batteries are better, so I'm trying to stick with that type. I also just bought a universal battery charger for everything from AAA to D, which can discharge batteries before charging. Don't quote me on this. I'm no expert but I believe the charge will hold better if it's done on a fully-drained battery. Like you, though, I keep some alkaline batteries around for emergencies.

Yellow Plastic Container on White Background
Uses for Plastic Packaging
Cupcake Liners
Uses for Cupcake Liner Container
Plastic Packaging
Removing Plastic Packaging
Reusing Bakery Packaging
Reusing Bakery Packaging
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale