Baking Cupcakes on More Than One Rack

In a conventional home oven, how do I bake 8 cakes at a time (4 on top, 4 on bottom). Do I swap racks in the middle of the bake or do I just add more time? Thanks.

KP from Tucson, AZ

You should not need to add time nor switch positions ( opening the door will reduce the heat and affect cooking results/times too).

Does your oven yield different results on the upper and lower racks? Mine does (cheap landlord), it is also HOT! I need to reduce the temps 25 degrees or even more; you have to know yours. I only use the middle position - both the upper slots and lower ones in mine brown the closest side too much. Much better to take more time, and get better results for me. Yours may differ.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingApril 27, 2006
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall, Spice rack hanging on a wall.
Mounting a Spice Rack on Your Wall
Cupcake with a Frankenstein decoration on top.
Making Frankenstein Cupcakes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making Mummy Cupcakes
Spice Rack
Starter Spice Rack Suggestions